Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ahh the nightmares...

I had my first official "nightmare" of the wedding last night. And whaddayknow? It came the same night I started my wedding blog. And my first thought after I woke up was not that I hope my wedding doesn't turn into what I just dreamed about...no, it was "This is so going in my blog."  Win.

A bit of a backstory before I say what my dream was. My parents are divorced, have been since I was a baby. And though I love both of them, my relationship with each of them is very strained. I'm not having my dad walk me down the aisle, and neither of my parents, though they will be there, will not have much of a role in the wedding. And they are civil to each other, thankfully, as much as they dislike each other in some form.

Ok, now the dream.

I dreamt that my dad was walking me down and my mom was PISSED that he was. She stood up when we started walking and screamed "JOE!" (dad's name) in a demon sort of voice. Dad immediately sat down in a chair, leaving me by myself. I stood there, unsure of what to do, till I realized I didn't have my bouquet. I asked dad to get it and he said "I'm not comfortable here" and refused to move. I dug my bouquet out of a box, only to realize my mom was yelling and yelling by the time the wedding was to officially start. Come to think of it, I never did get married in my dream.

So, I know this isn't anything that could come even remotely close to happening, but it was enough to wake me up and make me think to blog it.

My comfort was that, though he wasnt in my dream, Jared would put a stop to anything like that happening, even if I couldn't. He's protective like that, luckily.

So any nightmares that I have up until April, even very far-fetched ones, I need not worry. But still, that was uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment